06 July 2008

Road Trip Playlist

I just got back from a great 4th of July weekend back home. What more do you need besides the 3 F's? (family, friends, and fireworks)

Soon I will be asleep, but sometimes you just gotta blog. Here's my road trip playlist. This is what I listened to while driving, to liven up the 20 most boring hours of the weekend --

Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need To Whisper





Nelly - Country Grammar.





U2 - The Joshua Tree. I had high hopes for this album and I have to admit I was let down. The bulk of the record withers compared to the first three songs.



Green Day - American Idiot.





The Beatles - Abbey Road





Rent - Original Broadway Cast Recording. I think my sing-along phase kicked in about here.




Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light





The All-American Rejects - Move Along





OK Go - OK Go





The Killers - Sawdust. I say Sawdust is actually better than Sam's Town. Anyone agree?




Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend. My trip back to Provo began here. There's nothing like a little M79 in the morning.




Phantom Planet - Phantom Planet Is Missing





Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga





The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band





Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits





Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose. This seemed appropriate after a little G-N'-R.




Billy Joel - The Essential Billy Joel





Once - Original Soundtrack. Ah, memories of Sundance just came flooding back. I think I'm going to volunteer again next year.




Dispatch - MSH mix. I was on a full detour down memory lane at this point. Dispatch = Seattle.




Modest Mouse - MSH mix.





Albums I wish I had with me: Queen - Greatest Hits I, II, & III (I think I've lost these... nooo!!); Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely (I can't wait to get my hands on this one); Radiohead - Pablo Honey (forgot to bring it... big mistake).

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Nita Stelling said...

Quite a mix you have here. But, but, why lost the Queen?! :(

From the looks of it, I may say that you're in for the smooth-listening while driving the distance. Maybe we can add in a few of The Cardigans and The Killers. Oh, you already have it.