07 March 2008

Mike's Summer Pic Picks

It's March, and the sun is fighting its way out. The sandals have been dug out of the closet. That means the summer movie season is just around the corner!

Here are a few that I'm most excited for. I've gone beyond the obvious (a certain bat-like superhero comes to mind) and I've picked a few that I think could rock if they live up to their potential.

My first pic pick is Iron Man. This is going to be yet another summer full of comic book movies, with the likes of The Dark Knight, Hancock, Wanted, The Incredible Hulk, and Hellboy II all hitting theaters. I think Iron Man has the potential to knock people out though, because of a funny performance from Robert Downey Jr. and an overall cool attitude.



Next up on my watch list is Speed Racer, the Wachowski bros' follow up to the Matrix trilogy. And yes, I liked those movies - the cool effects and distinct visual style made them work for me. I'm hoping to enjoy myself during Speed Racer for the same reasons. Oh, and it will be shown in IMAX. I'm sold.




Wall-E! I can honestly say I'm more excited for this than anything else. I'm already amazed at what they've accomplished with the character. And it's supposedly got a live-action cameo by Fred Willard, a funny funny man. So I'm just going to say it: my feeling is this could turn out to be Pixar's best movie ever.



So that's what I've got to say about that. For a complete preview of what's coming up, check out this article over at First Showing.

No comments: